Which means that in turn I have to
- I have lived in Spain for over 18 years and I've never been to Barcelona. When I tell people that, they find it hard to believe. What I find hard to believe is that there are people living in Riverside, CA (where I went to college) who have never been to L.A., and who have no idea that there is a university in their city. Now that's hard to believe...but it's true. Anyway, I'll be fixing the Barcelona issue soon enough. Yes, that's right, I'm going to Barcelona, baby!
- On my wedding night, The Professor and I went to see the Phantom of the Opera in L.A, and we had dinner in a revolving restaurant. We went back to work the next day, and didn't get a honeymoon until six months later.
- Our honeymoon was a drive up the California coast to San Fransisco, and then on to Yellowstone National Park. It was so cold that a bottle of water we had in the trunk of our car froze overnight, and I wore 4 layers of clothes and a hat to bed. I refused to come out of the tent in the mornings until the coffee was ready. Sounds romantic, no?
- When I was a little girl, my dad told me that when I saw a fly I should wave my hand at it and say "Habaswatzie". For the longest time I thought it was the "Habaswatzie", not the swatting, that made them go away.
- Back in high school, I once TPd a teacher's house with the help of my boyfriend and best friend. We dressed in black, to blend into the night, and we TPd all the trees in front of her house. As we were leaving, the teacher came out of the house and shouted, "You guys!" I thought we were in big trouble, but then we heard, "You guys! I love you guys!" So, we weren't caught and we made our teacher feel loved. A deed well done.
- I've learned more useful Spanish from the satrirical weekly magazine El Jueves than I ever did from any textbook.
- I used to make scratching noises under my bed to scare my sister at night. I told her it was the Scratching Lady. Sorry Michelle!
- PicklePits @Life in the Pickle Jar (because life's a jar of pickles)
- Jocelyn @ O Mighty Crisis (because she just got a stylish new haircut in Italy)
- Beach Bum @ The Life and Times of a Carolina Parrothead (because he has a great imagination)
- giozi @ Las Mil y Una Metidas de Pata (because she takes beautiful photos)
- Wanda @ The Fickle Forgettery (I forget why...now where did I put my head?)
- Rea @ Not So Spanish (because her kid is so darned cute)
- Ben @ Quad Erot Demonstrosity (because his dishwasher is alive)
- ethelmaepotter! @ The Adventures of Fred and Ethel (because she is downright hilarious)
- Lanita @ A Mother's Hood (because she wears stylish hats)
- Jay @ The Depp Effect (because anyone who loves Johnny Depp is stylish)