I have been tagged to do a meme by Zhu. This one is called "What's in your bag?" or something along those lines. Since I am a meme-virgin, I don't feel any meme-wrath about it, not like others who are overwhelmed by all the memes they are asked to do. I also happen to be in a very good mood because I tied for first place with Deb in The Great Quill Driving Competition numero 3. So with my meme-virgin innocence I say, "Thanks, Zhu, for giving me a reason to clean my bag out."
I have a collection of purses that I switch back and forth between, depending on the weather, my mood, my clothes and how much in a hurry I am to leave the house. Typical conversation at my house:
Jesús: Where's such-and-such?
Me: It's in my bag.
Jesús (returns carrying bag after a few minutes): No, it's not.
Me: Not that bag, the other one.
Jesús: Which one? Because you have a whole bunch.
This ends with me going to look for whatever it is he's looking for.
Since I am lazy and this goes with almost everything, I have been using this bag lately:
So now, what's in it?
Let's start with the most important thing -the moolah, the dough, the bread, or as we say here in Spain, la pasta. Here's my wallet, which obviously has more pictures of my kids than it does money. Guess I need to head over to the ATM machine, because 5 euros won't get me very far.
Here are some more essential items. My house keys, with that cute little lizard key chain. I was told it also serves as a bottle opener, but haven't actually tried it. Still, it's good to be prepared for any eventuality (you never know when you'll be stranded in the wilderness with no bottle opener). I also carry an extra set of car keys, even though I can't actually drive the car, but if we ever get locked out, I'll be ready. A pen, which my husband got at conference at the Universidad de Málaga, and I convinced him to part with. And my cell phone, with it's case, which I mostly carry around so I can play all the games I uploaded onto it while I wait for the bus (which I do a lot of, since I don't drive).
There is always a bunch of stuff that my kids hand to me saying, "Save this for me." So we have a couple of Pucca bookmarks, a ponytail holder, a ribbon that fell off Vio's sweater, a pink eraser (and you thought that was mine), and Rocío's souvenir scarab beetle from the Louvre that was inside a little black pouch. All this is now going back to the rightful owners (and maybe my bag will weigh a tiny bit less).
Okay, here we have the typical girl primping material. A comb, a pocket mirror (got it "free" when I bought a load of Clinique products), an atomizer with some Agua de Loewe, band aids (those are for my kids, who are forever getting scratches, and woe is me if I don't have a band aid to fix the boo-boo). And the other little plastic bag is, um, well, private woman-stuff (wouldn't like to be caught unawares at a time like that).
The last stuff to come out was this: My Ray-Bans, which I can probably safely put away for the winter. A couple of butterfly hair clips that my Mom gave me once, and I use all the time. Two chocolates from the last time my Mom and I had coffee at Caffe Di Roma (maybe I'll just eat those now and get rid of some of that unwanted bag-weight, but then they'll become unwanted butt-weight, so maybe not). A card from my dentist that has my next appointment written on the back (what fun! I am so looking forward to it). A horse chestnut (there's a whole blog post behind this), and last, but not least, a fan. The fan is going back into my drawer, since I definitely won't be needing that for a while (I guess I kept it in my bag with a subconscious wish for some nice hot weather -yeah, right).
So what all this says about my soul, I have no idea, but my bag sure is a lot cleaner than before. Okay, now that that's done, who shall I tag? Or should I just say, "The meme stops here." Nah, I'm a meme-virgin and I've never tagged anybody before, so I'm going to give myself the pleasure of going all the way.
1. Lime. I don't know if you've done this meme or not, but I loved the one you stole from Jocelyn recently, so consider yourself tagged.
2. Which brings me to # 2, Jocelyn, who is one of the most entertaining, intelligent bloggers out there. You have probably done this meme too, but if you haven't please humor me (I'm a meme-virgin).
3. I'm also tagging Michelle, my sister, hoping that this might cheer her up. Come on Michelle, play along with me. Hey, everybody, go over and visit her and see if we can at least make her feel better.
4. Another bag that I would love to take a peek inside is Minka's. I'm sure it is as interesting as she is.
5. Since I don't like sex-discrimination, I'm thinking I should also tag a least one guy. So I'll pick Frogster. Although, in his case, this meme would be "What would be in your bag if you had one?" You could use your wife's bag for inspiration, if she lets you, or just let your imagination run wild (that works pretty well for you).
6. Well, maybe I should make that two guys. I just have to tag Diesel for this one, since I know how much he loves memes. If Diesel had a purse, I'm sure it would be full of fascinating items, but since he'll probably pass this meme off to his meme-wraith, Grundir, the world may never know. Come on Diesel, be a sport and play the game.
And, if Central Snark were a purse, it would be chock-full of the best humor around.