"Equal" is not always synonymous with "the same." Men and women are created equal. But, boys and girls are not born the same.
1. You dress your little girl in her Easter Sunday best, and she'll look just as pretty when you finally make it to church an hour later. You dress a boy in his Easter Sunday best, and he'll somehow find every mud puddle from your home to the church, even if you're driving there.
2. Boys' rooms are usually messy. Girls' rooms are usually messy, except it's a good smelling mess.
3. A baby girl will pick up a stick and look in wonderment at what nature has made. A baby boy will pick up a stick and turn it into a gun.
4. When girls play with dolls, they like to dress them up and play house with them. When boys play with dolls, they like to play football with them.
5. Boys couldn't care less if their hair is unruly. If their bangs got cut a quarter-inch too short, girls would rather lock themselves in their room for two weeks than be seen in public.
6. Baby girls find mommy's makeup and almost instinctively start painting their face. Baby boys find mommy's makeup and almost instinctively start painting the walls.
7. If a girl accidentally burps, she will be embarrassed. If a boy accidentally burps, he will follow it with a dozen fake belches.
8. Girls are attracted to boys, even at an early age. At an early age, boys are attracted to dirt.
9. Most baby girls talk before boys do. Before boys talk, they learn how to make machine-gun noises.
10. Girls will cry if someone dies in a movie. Boys will cry if you turn off the VCR after they've watched the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movie three times in a row.
Obviously, not all of these are true all the time, in fact burps and farts just crack my kids up. Vio, who has an angelical face, will burp really loudly, and then just laugh her head off. What can you expect after Penelope Cruz was paid to burp in a Coke commercial? The other day we were getting leaves for the silkworms, and the only mulberry tree in our town just happens to be at the public school. Ro noticed this sign at the entrance and thought it was just hilarious:
It should say "San Pedro" but somebody (boy or girl, I wonder?) scratched the "r" off and now it reads "San Pedo" (pedo is fart in Spanish). Now, I wonder...If you pray to San Pedo, what would you be praying for? Maybe I should pray for my kids to stop thinking farts are funny...Of course that will probably be cured by the time they start dating anyway...That's when we'll really have to start worrying.